Frequently Asked Questions
The Michigan Gas Customer Choice (GCC) program allows natural gas customers of Consumers Energy, DTE Gas, Michigan Gas Utilities, and SEMCO to shop for natural gas for their home or business from a diverse market of alternative gas suppliers. Customers may choose an alternative gas supplier or do nothing and continue to get their natural gas from their local gas utility under existing regulated rates.
- Fixed Price Plans: Customers will be charged the same amount per each unit consumed for the length of their contract, irrespective of any changes in the natural gas market.
- Variable price plans: Customers will be charged a monthly rate per each unit consumed (as defined in the sales contract) which typically changes each calendar month.
- Are you licensed by the Michigan Public Service Commission?
- What is the rate per Ccf, Mcf or Therm that I will be charged?
- Is the rate fixed or will it change from month to month?
- What is the length of the contract?
- What happens when my contract expires?
- Is there a termination fee if I cancel the contract early? If so, how much is the termination fee?
- How do I cancel?
- How long does it take to return to the utility once I have cancelled?
- Will I receive two bills?
- Who do I contact regarding billing issues?
- Are current budget plan customers eligible?
- What if my utility account is in arrears?